Kia Ora Mt Roskill, hope your bubbles are all doing okay at this challenging time. As you are aware, bread is often hard to get, so to fill my carb craving I made my first ‘no fail’ lemonade scones. Easy as, and no yeast required!
Such a flexible recipe, you can substitute the cream with yoghurt or coconut cream. For the kids, use raspberry or lime fizzy drinks for coloured scones. Enjoy!
- 4 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml cream
- 300ml lemonade
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (fan-assisted) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Sift the self-raising flour and salt into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour the cream and lemonade into the dry ingredients and mix together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a well-floured bench, dust lightly with flour and gently pat the dough out to a thickness of about 2 centimetres. Cover with a tea towel for 10 minutes. Then cut into approx. 12 pieces and lift each onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with melted butter or let them cool and serve with your favourite jam and whipped cream.